Tom Brady Profile
Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr., known as Tom Brady, is a professional American Football player widely regarded to be the greatest quarterback of all time.
Brady is one of the most decorated players in American Football history, having won multiple team and individual awards during his career with the New England Patriots.
Brady was born in San Mateo, California, in 1977 and played football, basketball and baseball for his local high school. Brady was known as a great baseball player and his skills impressed MLB scouts enough for him to be involved in the 1995 MLB draft. However, he decided to focus on football and signed to play for the University of Michigan from 1995 to 1999.
Brady wasn’t a highly regarded talent coming out of college and was selected by the New England Patriots with the 199th overall pick in the sixth round of 2000 NFL Draft. In his second season, Brady took over as the starting quarterback and led the Patriots to first place in the AFC East and victory at Super Bowl XXXVI where he took home his first Super Bowl MVP award.
With the win in 2001, Brady had become the youngest quarterback to win a Super Bowl and what followed was a glittering career which saw him become the record holder for the most Super Bowl wins.
He also tied the NFL record for the most Pro Bowl selections, led his team to more division titles than any other quarterback, became the record holder for most career passing yards and touchdown passes, and is one of only two players to amass 70,000 passing yards and 1,000 rushing yards.
Latest Tom Brady Stories
- Tom Brady: 2022 season could be "trouble waiting to happen" for Bucs QB claims ESPN host
- Tom Brady: Offseason activities could impact QB's performance this year, ESPN analyst claims
- Former Buccaneers receiver Antonio Brown rips Tom Brady over his preseason 'absence'
- Tom Brady: Tampa Bay Buccaneers QB leaving coaches baffled with his preseason work
- Tom Brady's NFL preseason debut gave us a glimpse into how he'd end up being the G.O.A.T
- Tom Brady: On his 45th birthday, all seven of his Super Bowl victories ranked