Roger Federer Profile
It can be argued that Roger Federer is one of the most successful players to ever grace the sport of tennis.
The 38-year-old was born in Basel, Switzerland, and has experienced success in all four seasonal Slams while also achieving tour final victories and Olympic glory.
Federer turned professional in 1998 and stormed to success relatively quickly, with the 38-year-old being continuously ranked in the top 10 from October 2002 to November 2016. Furthermore, the Swiss-born player has written his name into the history books of the game, as he is one of eight men who’ve achieved a Career Grand Slam.
Outside of his direct success in the sport, his contributions and achievements in tennis have been recognised elsewhere, as Federer’s received multiple awards. The 38-year-old has won the Laureus World Sportsman of the Year a record five times, while also winning the BBC Overseas Sport Personality of the Year four times.
Latest Roger Federer Stories
- Serena Williams names her Mount Rushmore of sport
- Federer, Nadal, Djokovic, Raducanu: Highest-paid tennis players in last 12 months
- Raducanu v Fernandez, Djokovic v Federer: Ranking the top 5 US Open matches ever
- Ronaldo or Messi, Maradona or Pele: Aubameyang answers sport's biggest questions
- Messi, Ronaldo, Bolt, Schumacher, Federer: Top 25 athletes of the 2000s ranked
- Roger Federer: Tennis superstar keeping ‘pinky promise’ he made to young fan Zizou Ago