Kimi Raikkonen Profile
Kimi Raikkonen, otherwise known as the ‘Iceman’, is a Formula One driver for Alfa Romeo.
Raikkonen made his debut in 2001 for Sauber and has gone on to drive for the likes of Ferrari, McLaren and Lotus.
In 2002, he made the switch to McLaren to partner Scottish driver David Coulthard. The Finn wasn’t able to secure a world title while at McLaren, though he went close in 2003 and 2005, and he moved to Ferrari in 2007 to replace the retiring Michael Schumacher.
This move led to his greatest career achievement in F1, the 2007 World Championship win for Ferrari, where he won by a single point ahead of Lewis Hamilton.
Raikkonen left the sport and took part in WRC and NASCAR between 2010 and 2011 before returning in 2012 to drive for Lotus. He subsequently returned to Ferrari for a further few seasons, notably partnering Sebastian Vettel, before leaving in 2018 for Alfa Romeo – who are basically his former Sauber side.
Here’s everything you need to know about Kimi Raikkonen:
October 17th, 1979
According to Celebrity Net Worth, Raikkonen’s net worth is valued at a whopping $250million
According to RaceFans, Raikkonen’s yearly salary is $10million.
Raikkonen married his wife, Minttu in 2016 and the pair have two children together; Robin and Rianna.
You can keep up to date will all of the latest F1 news and rumours right here at GiveMeSport.
- Martin Brundle gives firm verdict on Alonso/Hamilton spat at Spa
- Lewis Hamilton issues cheeky Instagram post aimed at Fernando Alonso
- Mick Schumacher cuts ties with Ferrari
- Pierre Gasly told to grasp Alpine opportunity if it arises
- Belgian GP: Carlos Sainz barely had any Ferrari support on the podium
- Belgian GP: Lewis Hamilton's dig at Fernando Alonso that wasn't shown on TV
Latest Kimi Raikkonen Stories
- Kimi Raikkonen's NASCAR run ends in disappointment despite strong showing
- Hamilton, Verstappen, Vettel: Which F1 driver has the most podiums in the hybrid era?
- Kimi Raikkonen to make racing return with NASCAR drive
- Hamilton, Schumacher, Verstappen, Alonso, Vettel: F1's best 21st century drivers ranked
- Hamilton, Schumacher, Verstappen, Vettel, Alonso: F1 drivers with most podiums
- Hamilton, Verstappen, Vettel: F1's most penalised drivers in last 10 years