French Open Profile
French Open 2022 is the second grand slam tournament of the year and excitement is building among the tennis community.
Over the years, the tournament has seen a plethora of unbelievable moments; Rafael Nadal has dominated in recent history and stands as the greatest player in the competition’s history.
As we start to draw closer to the French Open, many people will start to ask questions about the competition – so we have compiled a list of the facts and stats you will need to know.
Who has the most French Open titles?
Nadal has the most French Open titles, winning the tournament a staggering 13 times in his career thus far.
Novak Djokovic sits second on the list with an impressive eight titles to his name.
Who won the French Open 2021?
Djokovic won the men’s French Open in 2021, defeating Stefanos Tsitsipas from two sets down; a 6–7, 2–6, 6–3, 6–2, 6–4 for one of the greatest players in tennis history.
Barbora Krejčíková defeated Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova to win the women’s French Open.
Who won the first French Open?
H.Briggs, an English-born tennis player, was the first men’s singles winner in the French Open.
Here is everything you need to know about the French Open 2022:
French Open 2022 will start on Sunday 22nd May 2022 and conclude on Sunday 5th June 2022.
Here is a schedule for the French Open 2022 and what you can expect each day:
Men and Women Round 1: May 22nd – May 24th
Men and Women Round 2: May 25th – May 26th
Men and Women Round 3: May 27th – May 28th
Men and Women Round 4: May 29th – May 30th
Men and Women Quarter-Finals: May 31st – June 1st
Men and Women Semi-Finals: June 2nd – June 3rd
Women’s Singles Final/Men’s Doubles Final: June 4th
Men’s Singles Final: June 5th
(Please note that this is subject to change closer to the time)
You cannot purchase tickets for the French Open 2022 tournament just yet.
Once tickets become available, we will tell you everything you need to know about how to purchase, the cheapest options and more.
How to watch the French Open 2022 in the UK
In the UK, you can live-stream the French Open 2022 tournament via the Eurosport Player.
Eurosport hold the exclusive UK rights for the tournament in 2022 as part of a new deal.
Here is a list of the favourites in the betting markets to win the French Open 2022 tournament:
Please note that these odds have come from Paddy Power and are subject to change.
Men’s Betting Odds
Nadal – 6/4
Djokovic – 12/5
Stefanos Tsitsipas – 4/1
Dominic Thiem – 6/1
Alexander Zverev – 9/1
Andrey Rublev – 14/1
Women’s Betting Odds
Iga Swiatek – 4/1
Ashleigh Barty – 4/1
Simona Halep – 5/1
Garbine Muguruza – 10/1
Barbora Krejcikova – 10/1
Naomi Osaka – 12/1
You can keep up to date with all of the latest tennis news right here at GiveMeSport.
- Sofia Kenin: What’s happened to the young prodigy & former Player of the Year?
- Emma Raducanu: Naomi Osaka issues warning over US Open title defence
- US Open: Serena Williams praised by Billie Jean King in heartwarming tribute
- Iga Świątek, Coco Gauff: Analysing the US Open favourites
- Serena Williams honoured by Beyonce in beautiful farewell advert
- Serena Williams names her Mount Rushmore of sport
Latest French Open Stories
- Rafael Nadal & Iga Swiatek tipped for Olympic gold after Roland-Garros chosen as venue
- Djokovic, Nadal, Federer: Insane statistic after Wimbledon final shows their dominance
- Wimbledon: Alize Cornet admits players lied about having Covid-19 at French Open
- Venus Williams: The history-maker who ushered in a new era for tennis
- Rafael Nadal: How much did he earn from French Open win?
- WTA rankings: The biggest movers after the French Open