Eddie Hall Profile
Eddie Hall is a British former professional strongman who competed in England’s, the UK’s and the World’s Strongest Man events.
Born in Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire on 15th January 1988, Hall began in competitive sport as a swimmer during his teenage years. Also known as ‘The Beast,’ the Englishman was originally working as a lorry technician while interest in bodybuilding and strongman lifting was nothing more than a hobby rather than a career. But after he started to model himself on his childhood hero Arnold Schwarzenegger, Hall started to take his gym work more seriously.
His training entered a new level after he entered the strongman circuit in 2008, having taken part in a competition at the Iceman gym in Stoke-on-Trent. Two years later, he replaced Dave Meer in the England championships and won on his first attempt by half a point.
A year later, Hall won the UK’s Strongest Man in Belfast and set a new national record with the “Viking Hold.” This meant that the Englishman could progress to the World’s Strongest Man (WSM) competition, but failed to qualify until 2014 where he finished sixth.
In 2015, Hall was setting new records after achieving the heaviest deadlift of 462 kg (1,019 lb; 72.8 st) at the Arnold Classic in Australia, which he topped by an extra kilogram at the World Deadlift Championships that same year. The achievements kept coming with the Elephant Bar deadlift, but the ultimate prize came around in July 2016 where he became the first man in history to deadlift 500 kg (1,102 lb).
Hall followed this up by achieving his ultimate goal, winning the WSM in 2017 and announced his intention to retire from strongman competition after health-related concerns. Since stepping away, Hall has become a television personality and is active on social media.
You can follow all of the latest boxing news and rumours right here at GiveMeSport.
Where can I find Eddie Hall on social media?
- Deontay Wilder's legs have stunned fans again in new training footage
- Canelo Alvarez vs Gennady Golovkin 3: James Toney's surprise hot take is bound to stir debate
- KSI vs Swarmz & Pineda: Salt Papi's humungous knockout
- Logan Paul has piled on the pounds since Floyd Mayweather fight & WWE signing
- KSI vs Swarmz & Pineda: Deen the Great fails with backflip celebration
- Andy Ruiz Jr vs Luis Ortiz: Undercard, Odds, Tickets and more
Latest Eddie Hall Stories
- Eddie Hall shares photo of himself aged 14 & has blown fans' minds
- Eddie Hall 'attempts' to break women's plank record, set by Dana Glowacka in 2019
- Hafthor Bjornsson: Game of Thrones star shows off incredibly gruelling workout routine
- Eddie Hall 100 sit ups every day for a month led to extreme body transformation
- Eddie Hall lifting 100kg in each arm is absolutely mental to watch
- Martyn Ford calls Iranian Hulk 'a child' after bitter rival accuses bodybuilder of taking steroids